Counseling Services are offered to all Casa Kids and families in each of Casa de Amparo’s programs. Outpatient services are also provided for children and families facing individual or family stressors and/or mental health issues.
Counseling staff guide, advocate for, and support children and families participating in Casa de Amparo’s programs to help treat the effects of child abuse and neglect, and stop the cycle.
- Age-appropriate individual, group, family, and play therapy
- Parent-Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- Assessments for each child and family to identify strengths and determine treatment plans
- Collaboration with psychologists and psychiatrists
- Referrals to suitable family resources
- Youth receive individual, group and family therapy that is evidence-based and trauma informed.
- Support and guidance to child care workers as they work with Casa Kids
- Parent education and support groups and assist in development of family support networks
- Liaisons between court appointed special advocate and the Casa Kid’s social worker, attorney, school, or outside therapist
Program and Facilities
- Began in 2000
- Oceanside and San Marcos
- Counseling Services are available to all Casa Kids and families participating in Casa de Amparo programs.
Casa Kids Campus
325 Buena Creek Road
San Marcos, CA 92069
Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm